Pico de Orizaba

Pico de Orizaba
Taken from Huatusco, Veracruz, the closest town to Margarita's family's ranch.

Friday, May 19, 2017

Margarita

I was Margarita's first true boyfriend... I guess I needed it that way... And you may believe that that's wishful thinking on my part... No, it's her word against your needs for believing...  We have only one truth: what we've lived and what people tell us about themselves or the events... And, yes, they can be lies... But, at the moment of hearing the statement, should you believe it was a lie?  Is that how we should relate towards others...

Margarita was 2 weeks from turning 28 when we met...  She says that she didn't know how babies enter the mother's stomach until after the age of 24...  Why would she say such a thing if she were lying about herself?  

More than 14 years have passed since we first met...  

How many times did she witness her mother and her aunt's pregnant?  She was the first grandaughter of Angelina and Oligario...  How many babies did she carry? Care after... bathe...  chase... protect or save from drowning... and yes that happened...  

When Eve had her caesarian, Margarita was told that she had had heart surgery... Although, later on, the whole community knew... Eve showed Margarita her horrible scar last month, 13 years later...  Margarita says the my scar (3-times opened) is much much cleaner than Eve's...  

Margarita has 8 brothers and 3 sisters, 9 born after her... She has somewhere around 56 first cousins...  A life of babies and no one explained to her the process...

What does this have to do with intelligence, personal value?  Actually, it's circumstancial... one thing doesn't necessarily mean the other... However a family or a community that intentionally leaves the children ignorant and uninformed is a community placed in constant risk of deficiency... the first aspect of deficiency is mental... the second aspect of deficiency is interpersonal... and then you can throw in political-economic, socio-political, dietary, physiological...  intellectual...  

And my question, concern is and always has been: what possibility exists for progressively, proactively helping Margarita's family and community "pull themselves up from their bootstraps..."  Did you know that an "American" was just killed in Veracruz for teaching the community of Teocelo to be self-sufficient and progressive?  My brother-in-law Nicolas shared the news with me when we were working in Aguascalientes a few weeks ago... So I looked up the information in English...  It's there...  

Should I throw them in the garbage?  Too much work, too much risk... What's the return?  Like my family did with me...  Should Eve be thrown in the garbage for what her Brother did, for what her grandfather did with her mother?  For what her mother did... for what her uncles did... for what her cousin did?  Blame the victim... although we don't believe in victimization reports today, especially if we are feminists... we believe in self-empowerment... But, saying that the victim played a certain role in their abuse, is incredibly risky... a "slippery slope"...  

Who is Margarita?  How is Margarita?  Well, if you speak Spanish and can speak with her, maybe you will know... And if you don't speak Spanish, maybe you're highly perceptive.,.. meaning you'll sense how she is... although she didn't know how women became pregnant even when she was a woman...  

Margarita is the person with whom I speak with the most... in Spanish... English doesn't exist... And most of our 14 years together, we've spent talking... Yes, we spend a lot of time reading... I spend a lot of time investigating, painting, writing... although writing puts me greatly at cardiovascular risk...We talk about everything...  although, yes, she doesn't replace the friendships I had in New York, nor the friendships that don't exist here... Not possible...  Sorry...  

In order to obtain something important, you must sacrifice something important...  

That's how I see it...  Which is part of the reason I don't devote more time to painting or writing...  I would be sacrificing our relationship... for what?  What risk?  

Do I truly have such a potential?  Such a talent?  And now that FAP was "replaced" by Cardiovascular Disease...

You can place cancer on hold; send it into remission... Yes, you can make it disappear altogether... And if you don't do anything, maybe you have years of survival ahead of you... Cardiovascular disease on the other had, kills you one second or another...  50% without warning...  

The interesting thing is that not only did I inherit FAP from my father, I also inherited this extremely alternative cardiovascular disease...  The only thing is that FAP kills earlier than the cardiovascular disease... So, we don't know what would have occurred with my father had he not died from cancer...  
And when I become worried that "tonight's the night"...?  I worry about leaving Margarita within this situation... that she's not prepared... So, I exclaim that I can't die YET... And I continue working towards a positive evolution... putting off the horrible inevitable for her...

And I ask, "why can't I just die?"  I don't have the right to die... I must continue being horribly responsible...  I can't just relax and let it all go...  

No comments: