Pico de Orizaba

Pico de Orizaba
Taken from Huatusco, Veracruz, the closest town to Margarita's family's ranch.

Saturday, June 13, 2015

2nd half of "in the end" that I will keep as a draft

At this moment, I'm writing due to the fear of dying...  If I close my eyes, my heart will stop... I'm being ambiguous... 

My last poetic licence...

My reading of Pearl S. Buck was repeatedly interrupted by strange heart flutterings...  So, I put the book down and decided to go to sleep, since it was too late (risk of cortesol dumping which stresses the heart).  But, while sleeping or falling asleep I was awakened by the strange sputtering, as if the heart either stopped beating for a moment or jumped... And I breathed in air, as if that would prevent the heart from permanently stopping.

So, now, I don't want to sleep...  But, it seems that sleep must come...

This may be premature, as I hope it is.  But, I didn't want to leave without ending the blog...

I guess I learned too late that there were many things I wanted to accomplish... with Margarita before going out... But, I guess not everyone has that option...

If you read the blog... you will notice that most of the most important events in my life were beyond my control and preceded me...  Since the most important events occurred in childhood... and defined my life... a theme that we must accept...

What can you expect from a person's life when it begins with a broken heart... I know that sounds a bit cliche... But it was true.  

Until I left for Mexico, I had lived as if my life had ended a long time ago... with the broken heart... Truthfully, I never truly believed that I could recover what I had lost, nor did I believe that I could compensate... And then I met Margarita and developed the life I reconstructed with her over 12 years... and for the first time in my life, I believed there could be a happy ending for me... 

No comments: