Pico de Orizaba

Pico de Orizaba
Taken from Huatusco, Veracruz, the closest town to Margarita's family's ranch.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A little FYI

Before you read the following piece, I must inform you that since March 12th, 2015 I've dropped 9 pounds...  Maybe it's from muscle loss since March 12 was the last time I ran, the last time I did my 72 push-ups and the last time I did my wheel abdominals...  I mention this, because when I was explaining to my mother two weeks ago about my "numbers" referring to whether or not the cardiologist should prescribe the statin... Although I had lost 34 pounds since last March 2014 (actually, I had dropped those between March and the end of July and hadn't reaccumulated them, while increasing how much muscle weight), instead of saying, "well yes Ross, those numbers are impressive and I get your point!", she said, "I think you need to lose some more weight."  I wasn't losing the weight for her.  She wasn't part of that process and all of my research that led me to changing the diet as I had... how many articals and books I've read since March 2014!  And none of them were weight loss guides...  They were about nutrition and health and misconceptions about diet...  I didn't need my mother telling me to lose weight to lower my triglycerides, VLDL cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and blood sugar level... along with 34 pounds and she wasn't on my heels when I was running almost 7 miles per day through July or 5+ miles per day afterwards...  She wasn't telling me to be healthy... to eat healthfully... to diet...  She wasn't thrusting this literature infront of my eyes...  In fact, I was worried about hypothyroidism when I stumbled across metabolic disorder or Syndrome X last February 2014... and went cascading into so much more scientific literature and scientific/medical criticism and personal discoveries...  and haven't painted since December 9th 2013 because this is a much more important priority... and she has the nerve to belittle what I've done and accomplished over the past year, that inspired me to write the prior piece...  

No comments: