Pico de Orizaba

Pico de Orizaba
Taken from Huatusco, Veracruz, the closest town to Margarita's family's ranch.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Poem TONIGHT that I CAN'T SLEEP

Not just millions passing through my mind as I can't sleep.  
Cool air outside
In my cell hot air and humidity
Exhaustion mixed with insomnia tonight
Interrupted thoughts is a heart pounding in it's cage


Hundreds of successful Ross Goldsteins in this world 
Not one of them is me. 
Editors and Doctors, Investors and Published writers 
Degrees from the Ivy Leagues.  
We're just a few amongst billions in this lifetime, 
me tangled in my dampened sheets.  


I've been writing a language that I don't speak 
Conversing with people I don't see 
about a life that I don't live 
more than just angry with  a man and a woman 
I can't forgive.

No comments: